Freddie Mercury
In all these years, I listened all the pieces, all the songs... almost all. Thanks to the internet era, now, it is possible to do that. In the '90, I had some vinyl discs and tapes, (audio and video) and, of course, I cherish them so much. Precious souvenirs from old golden times. Along with the music of Elvis. I admit. I'm a pop-rock music fan. Always.
But for now, my tribute is for Freddie and his excellency in music.
And like in his lyrics I'll always say: "The show must go on"!
"The life of Frederick Bulsara began on the East African island of Zanzibar on September 5, 1946. 25 years later in London under the name of Freddie Mercury he was fronting the now legendary rock group named Queen." *Source: www.queenonline.com
*Read more on http://www.queenonline.com/en/the-band/members/freddie-mercury/
Mercury was a Parsi born in the Sultanate of Zanzibar and grew up there and in India until his mid-teens. He died of bronchopneumonia brought on by AIDS on 24 November 1991, one day after publicly acknowledging he had the disease. In 1992 he was posthumously awarded the Brit Award for Outstanding Contribution to British Music, and his tribute concert was held at Wembley Stadium, London. As a member of Queen, he was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2001, the Songwriters Hall of Fame in 2003, the UK Music Hall of Fame in 2004, and the band received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 2002. In 2002, Mercury was placed at number 58 in the BBC's poll of the 100 Greatest Britons.
He has been voted one of the greatest singers in the history of popular music. In 2005, a poll organised by Blender and MTV2 saw Mercury voted the best male singer of all time. In 2008, Rolling Stone editors ranked him number 18 on their list of the 100 greatest singers ever. In 2009, a Classic Rock poll elected him the best rock singer of all time. Additionally, AllMusic has characterised Mercury as "one of rock's greatest all-time entertainers," who possessed "one of the greatest voices in all of music."
*Sursa/source/More info on Wikipedia.
Sursa/sources of videos/info/lyrics: Official Queen Chanel
Catedrala Episcopală Învierea Domnului și Sfântul Prooroc Ilie Tesviteanul
Caransebeș, Caraș-Severin County.
Banat, România.
up-close & collages in color and/or black & white.
Sursa/sources of videos/info/lyrics: Official Queen Chanel
From Did you know Category/ Știați că:
Public info on Internet &Wikipedia;
e-media; written e-press.
Our World
The weekend in black and white
Through My Lens
Nature Notes with Michelle
Viewing nature with Eileen
Friday Greens
All is well...










si eu am fost fan Queen si inca îmi place si ascult cu multa placere.Incredibil cum au trecut 24 de ani de la trecerea în neffinta a marelui Freddie Mercury! nu imi vine sa cerd!...
RăspundețiȘtergereIata cum muzica lui dainuie si memoria lui Freddie Mercury nu moare! RIP
Si atat de actual... intr-adevar muzica, ca si memoria lui, inca dainuie!!
ȘtergereThese are wonderful photos. I love all the details you captured. Queen was awesome.
RăspundețiȘtergereSo thankful for your lovely thought about this. Indeed, awesome!!!
ȘtergereI've also been a fan of Freddie for many years. Love your tribute.
RăspundețiȘtergereAlso, your black and white chandelier is beautiful.
Thank you kindly for thought expressed and appreciation!!
ȘtergereI love Queen especially Bohemian Rhapsody. It was a band of my teen years and I still listen to it today.. Thank you for the tribute and the videos.... Michelle
RăspundețiȘtergereMany thanks, as well! I love Bohemian Rhapsody, too! Greetings, Michelle!
ȘtergereHello, lovely post and images. A great tribute to Freddie, I am a fan of Queen too. Happy Sunday, enjoy your new week ahead!
RăspundețiȘtergereThank you so, so much! Have a sunny sunday and a lovely new week, too!
ȘtergereOne of the great legends of rock music!
RăspundețiȘtergereMany thanks for taking part in the Friday Greens meme.